Welcome to the Joint QLD 86/BRZ Car Club/Interclub Challenge 2021 Regularity Sprints.
The goal for the day is to be consistent as possible the 3 official timed sessions of the day. Your times will be averaged over the 3 sessions and points will be awarded based on the most consistent driver as per the ICC Rules. There may be a 4th session on the day if time permits but this won't count to the official results on the day.
If you wish to run in the morning General Practice please select the Super Sprint Option when making your booking so you do not have to pay an higher amount to QR on the day.
To enter the event, please register and pay via our club site. Once registered you’ll need to add yourself to the event @ https://racers.world/eventmb/1604/cat/4778 or navigate to the event date in the RACERS calendar enter the Open Sprint event and choose QLD 86/BRZ Car Club. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO THIS AS SOON AS YOU HAVE PAID.
**Note: For first timers who have never raced atQR you’ll need to setup account and purchase a New Racers Licence ($75 for the year)**
**Timer: Buy for $159, or hire for $20 with a $100 deposit**
If you need any assistance or advice, please contact us at https://www.facebook.com/qld86brz/ or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you out there.
How Sprints are Run:
Sign on for sprints starts at 11:00am, we have a pre-driver briefing at 12:00pm sharp. Driver’s Briefing for Sprints starts at 12:30pm. All drivers MUST attend the briefing.
For sign on you are required to have photo I.D as well as your RACERS licence (or proof of purchase of the RACERS licence i.e confirmation email). At sign on you can buy/hire your timer for the afternoon. The timer should be affixed to the front of your car with the white sticker facing either downwards (towards the track) or frontwards, there should be no metal between the timer and the track. Cars must display numbers on them, if you do not have a preferred number one will be allocated to you, laminated numbers can be picked up at sign on.
You may park in the pitlane at Queensland Raceway, provided there is an available spot and that the event before has finished and no longer requires the pitlane.
Sprints are on track at 1:00pm.
Sprint Format: 3 x 5 Lap (Clubman Circuit at Queensland Raceway) sessions which count for points + extra sessions if time permits.
Time sheets are printed after each run and can be found on the wall in the Driver’s Briefing Room (Queensland Raceway). Timing will be live to Natsoft for the event (Natsoft.com.au) and all times will be uploaded after the event.
Vehicle and Apparel Requirements: -
Road Registered Cars
1. ABS & SRS systems may be disconnected at the driver’s option.
2. In road cars the drivers the minimum requirement is full length clothing, enclosed shoes and a AS/NZ1698 Aust. Standard helmet or equivalent.
3. If vehicle is road registered or road registerable it must meet the roadworthy requirements of Qld TMR
1. If vehicle is not road registerable it must meet the Racing Car standards shown below and apparel defined in 2 below.
2. In Racing Cars the drivers must wear FIA/SFI approved non-flammable Suit, gloves boots & balaclava and Helmet.
3. Fire extinguishers, when fitted, must meet AS1841 standard and be secured to ensure they cannot injure the driver in the event of a crash.
4. Tyres must be fit for purpose, not recut or re-treaded, and be fitted to rim widths that comply with the Tyre and Rim Association manual and/or ADR requirements
5. Rear facing red lights for use during rain must be fitted to all vehicles; Brake lights are desirable when not mandatory
6. Tow points must be fitted, easily reached and clearly marked with a “TOW” sign 50mm high or a bright red ribbon tied to the tow point.