Driver - Financial Members of the club - $40
Driver - Non-Financial club member $50
Passenger - $20
Note the Club rules for Happy Laps @ Queensland Raceway, failure to follow these will result in you not being invited to future events.
1. This is not a speed event - No publishing of lap times, speeds, videos showing laptimes or speeds or descriptions of your mad racetrack skillz yo on social media (this is how the venue can maintain their insurance cover). Failure to follow this rule will mean both you and your post will be removed.
2. Helmets and CAMS/QR licenses are not required, but a current, valid driver's license is.
3. No entry to the track without a wristband for everyone in the car.
4. Non-QLD 86/BRZ club members and non-86/BRZ vehicles are more then welcome to join us.
5. Overtaking is only on the straights, If not overtaking KEEP LEFT - repeated failure to do so will mean you will not be invited back.
6. We do not allow any form of Roll Racing out our events. If you are unable to follow this request you will be removed from the track. Management also reserves the right to refund entries prior to the event if we believe your vehicle is not suitable for our events.
7. See point 1. This is not a race event, for legal and insurance reasons it is a cruise.
Further details about the event can be found here: http://qldraceways.com.au/enthusiasts/happy-laps
We are running our own private sprint grid and only opening it up for a maximum of 12 cars if we get enough interest we’ll open up a second grid.
Below is some information on how sprints works and the requirements, if you are keen to join us, please register and pay via our club site. Once registered you’ll need to add yourself to the event @ https://racers.world/login navigate to the event date in the calendar enter the Open Sprint event and choose QLD 86/BRZ Car Club.
For those interested in entering the morning General Practice session we offer QR's discounted Super Sprint pricing. Minimum numbers are required to take up this offer. If minimum numbers are not met you'll be refunded the difference and still participate in the afternoon sprints session.
** Note: For first timers who have never raced with us you’ll need to setup account and purchase a New Racers Licence ($65 for the year)**
If you need any assistance or advice, please contact us at https://www.facebook.com/qld86brz/ or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also supply drinks and snacks for our competitors.
Hope to see you out there.
How Sprints are Run:
Sign on for sprints starts at 11:00am, we have an 86/BRZ pre-driver briefing at 12:00pm sharp, and where possible a sighting lap at 12:45pm.
For sign on you are required to have photo I.D as well as your RACERS licence (or proof of purchase of the RACERS licence i.e confirmation email). At sign on you can buy/hire your timer for the afternoon. The timer should be affixed to the front of your car with the white sticker facing either downwards (towards the track) or frontwards, there should be no metal between the timer and the track. Cars must display numbers on them, if you do not have a preferred number one will be allocated to you, laminated numbers can be picked up at sign on.
You may park in the pitlane at Queensland Raceway, provided there is an available spot and that the event before has finished and no longer requires the pitlane.
Driver’s Briefing for Sprints starts at 12:30pm. All drivers MUST attend the briefing.
Sprints are on track at 1:00pm.
Sprint Format: 3 x 5 Lap (Clubman Circuit at Queensland Raceway) sessions which count for points + extra sessions if time permits.
Time sheets are printed after each run and can be found on the wall in the Driver’s Briefing Room (Queensland Raceway). Timing will be live to Natsoft for the event (Natsoft.com.au) and all times will be uploaded after the event.
Vehicle and Apparel Requirements: -
Road Registered Cars
1. ABS & SRS systems may be disconnected at the driver’s option.
2. In road cars the drivers must wear non-flammable clothing preferably covering the entire body I.e (Jeans, Long Sleeve Shirt, Enclosed Shoes)
3. If vehicle is road registered or road registerable it must meet the roadworthy requirements of Qld TMR
1. If vehicle is not road registerable it must meet the Racing Car standards shown below and apparel defined in 2 below.
2. In Racing Cars the drivers must wear FIA/SFI approved non-flammable Suit, gloves boots & balaclava.
3. Fire extinguishers, when fitted, must meet AS1841 standard and be secured to ensure they cannot injure the driver in the event of a crash.
4. Tyres must be fit for purpose, not recut or re-treaded, and be fitted to rim widths that comply with the Tyre and Rim Association manual and/or ADR requirements
5. Rear facing red lights for use during rain must be fitted to all vehicles; Brake lights are desirable when not mandatory
6. Tow points must be fitted, easily reached and clearly marked with a “TOW” sign 50mm high or a bright red ribbon tied to the tow point.